Jugjugg Jeeyo Is A Delightful Movie Revolving Around A Family Struggling To Save Their Marriages
Jugjugg Jeeyo is a multi-starrer family drama by Raj Mehta. The movie centers on a Punjabi Saini family of Patiala struggling to keep its flock together. Both the senior and junior Saini couples are on the verge of divorcing but they agreed to come together for the last time for the wedding of the daughter of the Saini family.
• The movie maintains a pace that keeps viewers engaged
• Scenes between Kiara and Neetu are emotionally moving
• Neetu brings calm to every scene instead of a loud Punjabi mom
• Kiara also delivers a restrained performance of a self-made, independent, and career-oriented woman
• Anil Kapoor as a modern-day father looks cool
• The story is a bit too long and it lacks freshness
• Punjabi fun is similar to other family movies
• Some scenes look inspired by Ekta Kapoor serials
• The loud background music and dialogue often cross the permissible decibel limits
Kuku Saini (Varun Dhawan) and Naina Sharma (Kiara Advani) are childhood lovers but they don’t make a good couple as they decide to part ways soon after their marriage. Post-marriage they shift to Toronto where they decide to take divorce but after the wedding of Kuku’s younger sister, Ginny (Prajakta Koli). Back home dad Bheem (Anil Kapoor) and mom Geeta (Neetu Singh) are also fed up with their long-term marriage and want to divorce after Ginny’s wedding.
Dad Bheem is a talkative person who doesn’t think before talking. He reveals everything even about his extra-marital affair to Kuku. But mom Geeta maintains the calm. Also, she has good chemistry with her daughter-in-law. In a scene, Ginny is seen dancing with her girl tribe during her pre-wedding bash when she accidentally kisses her ex-boyfriend who she still loves. In another scene, Neetu and Kiara are in a kirtan where a Guru Ma performs a special ritual so Kiara gets pregnant.
Jugjugg Jeeyo First Look & Poster
The poster shows the entire Saini family with the … Read more