Badhaai Ho Movie Review
Badhaai Ho: Neena Gupta Is The Shining Star Of The Kaushik Family
Badhaai Ho is the kind of comedy movie-fans have been waiting for a long time. It is a simple family-comedy-drama that every middle-class-family can relate with. Also, the subject of the movie is a topic for discussion. The movie is focused on the sex life of an elder couple with two grown-up kids.
Jeetender Kaushik (Gajraj Rao)is a government employee with Indian Railway. He lives with his wife Priyamvada Kaushik (Neena Gupta), two children Nakul Kaushik (Ayushmann Khurrana) and Junaa (Rahul Tewari) and mother as Dadi (grandmother) of the children. Jeetender is an aging father and his elder son Nukul is in love with a beautiful girl Sweety Sharma (Sanya Malhotra). Jeetender and Priyamvada are aging decently until they make a mistake – unsafe sex – that makes Priyamvada pregnant. While there is nothing wrong in enjoying sex but pregnancy at an advanced age is unexpected and unacceptable in society.
Highlight of the movie
- The theme of the movie is entirely different – aging with sex
- The social problems shown are genuine
- How a middle-class aging couple accepts their sex life is hilarious
- It is a simple and genuine incident turned into a comic story
Badhaai Ho First Look & Poster
The poster shows the entire family including Sanya Malhotra surprised with the news of pregnancy the mother of the family. Neena Gupta looks pregnant with a bloated belly and seems happy with her pregnancy.
Why watch the movie?
It is an entirely different story with striking characters and other details. The background, setting and everything related to the story matches well with the theme.
- It is the second movie of Ayushmann Khurrana in two weeks (Andhadhun released on 5t October 2018)
- Ayushmann Khurrana speaks in three different dialects in the movie
- Neena Gupta makes a comeback with this movie
- Suiting for the movie done in two parts