Dil Bechara: Sushant Singh Left A Lasting Impression On The Audiences
Dil Bechara is the latest and the last release of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput and Sanjana Sanghi. Both are battling cancer but dream of leading a normal life like others of their age. Rest of the story is about love, suffering, being different and existentialism.
Kizie Basu (Sanjana Sanghi) is suffering from thyroid cancer. Her lungs her damaged to the point where she remains on oxygen support for most of the times. But she has a strong family to support and she dreams of living a normal life like girls of her age do. One day she meets Immanuel Rajkumar Junior or Manny (Sushant Singh) also a cancer patient. Manny inspires her to accept the female lead of a movie his friend JP is making. Sadly, JP suffers from glaucoma.
During production of the movie, JP suffers an accident in which he lost is eyesight. Also, Manny becomes critically ill and Kizie Basu gets hospitalized due to her deteriorating cancer. The team completes the movie but without Manny who loses his battle with cancer. Released in an open-air-theater, the movie gets strong response from the audiences.
Highlights of the movie
- It is the last movie the actor Sushant Singh but he didn’t live to see the release of the movie
- Sanjana Sanghi says “Seri” in reply to Sushant’s emotions in the last scene
- Seri trended in Twitter with the release of the movie
- The movie was released on Disney+ Hotstar after much delay first due to production issues and then due to lockdown
Dil Bechara First Look & Poster
The poster has both the lead actors going on a long journey in an old model bus. They are alone in the bus and sitting at the front seat and they both look saddened due to their health conditions.
Why watch the movie?
Being the last movie of Sushant Singh, the film has got much publicity without requiring a hefty media budget. Also, Sushant Singh has done a commendable role in the movie.
- The movie trailer became the most liked trailer breaking the record of Avengers Infinity war
- The movie was earlier named Kizie aur Manny
- Choreographer Farah Khan choregraphed the title song of the movie free of cost
- Within a few hours of its release, it became the top rated movie of Bollywood