Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween Movie Review
Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween: Watch Slappy the Dummy Doing Childish Things
Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween could be a second family-centric horror treat after the 2015 movie Goosebumps, if it is able to entertain like its prequel. A sequel to Goosebumps, the movie retains the character of Slappy the Dummy, the evil ventriloquist dummy and the story is woven around this character.
Two childhood friends Sonny and Sam enter the abandoned mansion of the author R.L. Stine only to discover an unpublished book of the author. The title of the book is Haunted Halloween and Slappy the Dummy is its main character. The boys open the manuscript out of curiosity and surprise. The Slappy comes out of the book and becomes a real-life figure. Also, he brings all his ghoulish friends and characters of the book from oblivion. Slappy has an evil plan of ruling the world with the help of monsters and witches. He executes his plan with capturing Sonny’s mother. Sonny and his sister Sarah try to free their mom. Sam is there to help and they also get help from a kind neighbor.
Highlights of the movie
- Slappy the Dummy behaves likea real-life figure
- The kids outsmart the monsters and the witches
- It is a sequel but the plot takes little help from the prequel
- It is a cheaper movie but it’s good
Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween First Look & Poster
The poster has all the Halloween monsters and witches coming out from the oblivion. And the Slappy the Dummy is seen smiling in the horizon like a setting sun.
Why watch the movie?
The movie is expected to be as entertaining as its prequel is. Viewers would like the character of Slappy the Dummy and how the kids defeat the Slappy.
- Rob Letterman couldn’t direct the sequel due to his busy work schedule
- Jack Black and Madison Iseman working together after 2017 movie Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
- 5th live action film of Sony Pictures Animation
- 19th theatrical release movie of Sony Pictures Animation
- 17th Sony Pictures Animation movie made in 2.35:1