Pathaan: Movie Review
Pathaan Is A High-Octane Set Piece Devoid Of Gravity And Logic
Shah Rukh Khan made an impressive comeback with Pathaan, a patriotic spy thriller but different from what is seen in recent years. Released in Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu, the movie captured the attention of the audience even before its release. And this movie was important for SRK for many reasons.
- It has been 4 years since SRK played a lead actor in a movie since Zero (2018)
- SRK’s last venture Zero was one of the biggest box-office failures in his career
So, SRK needed a blockbuster to make a comeback and he chose Pathaan to high the silver screen after a lull of four years. Also, his fans were excited to see him making a comeback.
The government of India revokes Article 370 and the special status of Jammu and Kashmir but it doesn’t go down well with the Pakistani army general who decides to exact vengeance against India. He hires Jim (John Abraham) leader of a private terrorist organization “Outfit X” to attack India. In India, Pathaan (SRK), a former RAW agent, and his senior officer Nandini (Dimple Kapadia) open a unit dubbed, “Joint Operation and Covert Research” (JOCR). Jim also happened to be an ex-Raw agent turned rouge after his wife and unborn child were killed by Somalian terrorists. He plans to launch a virus attack and saber missiles on India.
- Salman Khan’s cameo in the movie is like a double dose of high-octane action for the audiences
- Pathaan carries the impact of the likes of Mission Impossible and Marvel movies
- Director Siddarth Anand left no stone unturned in choosing action and special effects in the movie
- The action scenes of the mid-air fight in helicopters and fight in a train moving over a hill are visually very impressive
- Stylist VFX, cinematography, action sequence, and music are the biggest strengths of the movie
THINGS TO IMPROVE ON
- The story moves at a back-neck speed that makes it difficult for the viewers to enjoy moments
- The action sequences are marvelous but there is too much action
- The real motive of the villain remains elusive till the end
PATHAAN FIRST LOOK & POSTER
The poster shows a gun-wielding SRK with his right hand chained to a distant object in the background. In the background, John Abraham and Deepika Padukone are seen taking shots.
WHY WATCH THE MOVIE?
Pathaan is a blockbuster movie with a hit song ‘Bedharm Rang’ that garnered over 1 million views on YouTube within an hour of its release. But the real highlight of the movie is its high-octane action that draws parallels to Hollywood movies. Pathaan is worth watching for action lovers and fans of SRK.
- John Abraham replaced Sony Sood after the latter couldn’t find dates for Pathaan
- SRK worked with Ashutosh Rana and John Abraham for the first time
- John Abraham became the third actor to play a villain for SRK after Sunil Shetty (Main Hoon Na) and Arjun Rampal (Om Shanti Om)
- Most actions were inspired by WWE wrestling moves