Sui Dhaaga Movie Review
Sui Dhaaga: Complete Family Entertainment By Anushka Sharma and Varun Dhawan
Sui Dhaaga is a comedy-drama with a social message to everyone. The rural setting, local lingo and a typical Indian family environment tickle and the message it gives is Make in India. Anushka Sharma rightly said that it is a complete family entertainer with some tough social lessons to learn.
Mauji (Varun Dhawan) is a tailor by profession but he prefers doing odd jobs instead of pursuing his family business. His father (Raghubir Yadav) is quite unhappy with his jobs amusing guests in parties in different costumes. His wife Mamta (Anushka Sharma) is insulted at home and in society because of his jobs. Mamta decides to inspire Mauji to start tailoring that is his family business. They buy a new sewing machine and start their business with the brand name Sui Dhaaga.
Sui Dhaaga supports the indigenous textile industry rooted in villages. Mauji belongs to a family of village-tailor but the family has to wind up the business due to competition. The movie is inspiring for small and mediumentrepreneurs.
Highlights of the movie
- Anushka Sharma looks glamorous even in rural attires
- Varun Dhawan is a perfect fit for the character of Mauji
- Rural dialect is like music to ears
- Mauji and Mamta make a perfect Indian couple
- The story has a realistic touch
Sui Dhaaga First Look & Poster
The poster has Varun Dhawan and Anushka Sharma standing in their village tailoring shop. Varun with a measurement-tape of wrapped around his neck looks like a small-time tailor and Anushka with covered head looks like a perfect village woman. The untidy village-tailoring shop with the picture of the grandfather of Mauji mounted on a wall makes the backdrop.
Why watch the movie?
The interesting story of Sui Dhaaga becomes more entertaining when told in real-like setting and with real-like characters and actors.
- Ranbeer Kapoor was the first choice for the character of Mauji
- Varun Dhawan and Anushka Sharma working together for the first time
- A Sui Dhaaga challenge is started to popularize the movie
- Anushka Sharma’s new role became hit in social media circles