Dr Chandraprakash Dwivedi’s Samrat Prithviraj Fails To Do Justice With Prithviraj
Samrat Prithviraj can be best called the cinematic version of Prithviraj Raso by Chand Bardai. Written and directed by Dr Chandraprakash Dwivedi, the film rarely seems close to history as many facts look distorted by the storyteller. The poor response it received from viewers proves that it failed to connect with the audience.
• The movie is technically rich in costumes, location, and dialogues
• Dr Chandraprakash Dwivedi cleverly uses his knowledge in dramatizing situations
• The story elaborates everything that is said in the epic poem
• The myths about Prithviraj are beautifully presented as historical facts
• Akshay Kumar (52) is clearly a miscast as the young king
• Romantic scenes between Akshay and 25-year-old Manushi Chillar are difficult to digest
• 12th-century princess wearing low-waist lehengas with sweetheart necklaces is also unacceptable
• The story lacks a fine balance between history, legends, and the current political situation
• Overuse of dharma is also a drawback of the story
Muhammad Ghori captures Prithviraj (Akshay Kumar) and forces blind Prithviraj to fight three lions. To the viewers’ surprise, Prithviraj kills the lions but faints due to weakness. The story moves to the background where a young Prithviraj is seen romancing the beautiful princess of Kannauj. She is Sanyogita, daughter of Jaychand, the king of Kannauj. And what happens later is the thing to be seen. Fancy dresses straight out of the Sabyasachi’s latest collection and a long song-dance sequence before Jauhar all are made part of the story.
Samrat Prithviraj First Look & Poster
The poster wears a saffron color and Akshay Kumar is shown in saffron headgear and vermillion on the forehead. Also, a saffron flag is seen waving in the background. Sanyogita is seen at the front standing tall in the shadow of Akshay Kumar who is seen opening his sword to save Sanyogita. At the bottom, the Hindu and Mughar armies are seen battling.
Why Watch The Movie?
If you are a fan of Akshay Kumar, you must go to the theatre … Read more