What Men Want Movie Review
What Men Want: Using Psychic Powers for Professional Gain is Hilarious
What Men Want is a workplace comedy loosely based on the 2000 movie of similar name, What Women Want. The story is based on the professional life of a career minded female that wants to outperform her male colleagues in achieving career goals.
Ali Davis is a successful sports agent but she faces tough competition from her male colleagues that dominate the industry. She feels boxed out every time a man snatches a contract from her hands. But she doesn’t want to miss the opportunity to work for a big promotional event. She decides to use psychic powers to defeat her competitors. Blessed with the ability to know what men want, Ali Davis enters into the men’s world and stuns her counterparts with her newfound power. But the power turns into a bane when here relationship with male friends and love interest starts becoming sour due to her ability to know what men want.
Highlights of the movie
- A comic way of featuring team spirit and healthy competition at workplace
- Depiction of the professional humiliation of female executives
- Involvement of psychic powers in office environment enhances the comic flavor
- It is a classic head-versus-hear conflict story
- It requires little flashback to enjoy the movie
What Men Want First Look & Poster
The poster features Taraji P. Henson and Tracy Morgan with a caption on top “She Can Hear Men’s Thoughts. Let The Game Begin”. The poster shows that Henson is what Morgan is thinking about but the latter is unaware about her psychic power.
Why watch the movie?
It is a workplace comedy good for family, friends, kids and everyone. It is a nice movie that has speed, clarity and a social message that women are inferior to none.
- A distant sequel to 2000 film What Women Want
- Firs R-rated movie of Adam Shankman